Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We're all just a bunch of 21 year olds...no biggie.

January is the month in which both Cody and I were born. Thank Baby Jesus and all the good horses and all the good men. Or something like that. Anyways, this year is kind of a big year because we both turned 21. Yahoo! Here is a chronicling of my birthday:

Cody took me out to dinner to one of our new favorite places, Johnny Garlics.



They have super yummy food and the place is owned by Guy Fieri, do you know who he is?



Yep, that guy. Anyways so we went there for din din and ate the worlds most lovely bread which is paired with olive oil and vinegar. Yummm. I am on a big oil and vinegar kick. Although I haven't actually been eating any, just salivating at the thought of eating some. That counts right? After dinner, we wobbled home and sat for awhile reminiscing about our food comma and how lovely the dinner was. Then, well, we just couldn't hold out any more and we broke into these:



Now, in order to talk about these lovely creations we need to rewind. I haven't yet mentioned what I am about to tell you on this blog for fear of looking like a psycho stalker, which I am not. I am a blog follower, but at this time I only follow a few blogs. One of which is The Pioneer Woman, seen at the following link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/

How does one make the name and the link one on here? I know how to do it at work but not on this blogger. Hmm...

Anyways I digress. These gorgeous delicious cupcakes are a recipe of The Pioneer Woman's. I love them. I love her all the more because I loved them so much. Anyways the point is there is some love between the Pioneer Woman and I even if she has no idea who the heck I am.

By the way I would like to point out that these are by far, the best cupcakes I have ever eaten.

And I have eaten a lot of cupcakes. Trust me. Please go to her site and make them.

Also note that she says if you do the ganache right, it should be so pretty and glossy that they are like reflective mirrors...

I don't want to brag here, but I did them right. ;) Check out Cody thinking he can steal one whilst I am not looking. News flash: When it comes to PW cup cakes I am always looking.

I had made these beautiful baked concoctions the night before so that I wouldn't have to bake on my birthday and Cody arranged the "party" while I waited in the other room. He blew up balloons and had cups and plates ready and he lit the candles. Please note that my grandma bought all this stuff and called Cody so that he could put it together so that my birthday would feel birthday-like. Thank you both of you!


And then I opened my presents, one from my lovely roomies, a bag full of treats and goodies from my grandma and one from Cody. He got me Grease (the movie). And then refused to watch it with me. How sweet.

And then we smiled for a group picture. Cheese!

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment