Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bon Voyage!

As our trip slowly approached the weather seemed to be clearing. I was knocking on wood at every opportunity and I checked the weather every time I walked by a computer. We held our breath and packed, organized our carry-ons and woke up the day of our flight nervous and excited. Leslie, Cody's mom, picked me up at my grandparents and just like that, we were off!

We were able to do online check in...isn't online check in the best??? And the line to check our luggage wasn't that bad at all. Although there was some random man talking to us in line about how SSU's mascot should be the "Orphans" get it? So-No-Ma? I didn't get it, but that was mostly because I thought he was saying "Dolphins" the whole time, and, well, it wasn't even that funny or witty. Although I think both Dolphins and Orphans would likely be a better mascot then the "Seawolves" which isn't even a thing. Anyways...I digress.

So we had been dropped off at the airport, completed online check in, checked the luggage and then headed off towards security. Yay...security. In all honesty it really wasn't that bad at all, although I do wish that we didn't have to take off our shoes because that is sooo inconvenient to those of us with laces. Once we got through security we grabbed a sandwich, cringed at the price (I think it was like $10.00 for a ham sandwich, ouch!) and then we sat down and I took the following photo of Cody. Please note that this is the first official photo of the European Extravaganza.


Then we took this photo together (cringe):


And then Cody told me to stop being annoying and put my camera away. So I did. I am all about compromise. I am also okay with losing a battle or two as long as I win the war.

There are 700 pictures of our European Extravaganza. Mission accomplished.

=)

1 comment: