Saturday, May 22, 2010

"The Youts Of Today" As My Grandpa Would Say

What is up with the youts of today?

They can't answer you right now, they are busy.

I have noticed a trend among my peers lately. We are overworked, overstressed and over it. This semester I really took part in my classes and made some new friends. Of my new friends it seems to me that those of us who are working, are WORKING. And those who aren't, AREN'T.

For example, one of my friends literally sat down with me crying, saying that she was losing all of her friends because her job was so demanding of her she didn't have time for anyone else. I too, feel like I have lost friends for the same reason.

If I total up the amount of time I spent in class this semester, as well as weekly meetings for class and time working my job that amounts to about 50 hours a week. 50 hours a week without homework! Basically I work a 60 hour week between school and work.

I am burnt out and I am 21. That's alarming.

So many of my friends say they don't feel like they are living their lives. They don't feel connected the the people and things around them. They want to spend some time outdoors.

My friends who are pleased with their lives either live off of mom and dad's dime or they don't live in this country.

It's sad, but true.

Your twenties are supposed to be a time in your life when you can do it up big...and we are.

Big jobs, big debt, big responsibilities...and we do it all for a reason.

Big dreams.

But, man! It's exhausting...


1 comment:

  1. I'm trying so hard to balance my life and it is difficult! I know how you feel. We can do it Tina!

    -Kels

    ReplyDelete