Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Terror and Frozen Britain

The weeks leading up to the European Extravaganza were tense. To chronicle this I am taking a leaf out of Letterman's book and doing a Top 10 list. Please note however, these are real.


Top 10 CNN Headlines Leading Up To Our Trip:

"Newark terminal locked down; search continues for man"

"Delta flight aborted due to smoky smell"

"London breeding Islamic terrorists"

"UK to tighten airport security after failed bombing"

"UK crippled by snow, freezing temperatures"

"TSA takes responsibility for Newark airport breach"

"Stop the panic on air security"

"Snow-hit UK struggles against big freeze"

"3 arrested after bomb threat at Heathrow"

"Gormet Burger closes it's doors, Cody cancels trip"


Okay so they weren't all real, only one of them was fake...there were only two people arrested after the Heathrow thing.


Just Kidding!


Okay so Terror was abounding as well as idiot security guards and airports everywhere were raising their security levels. Still...I was determined. I would go to the airport early and wait in the stupid lines and I would go through the strip search with grace and pride and by God I was going to make it to London. Nothing could stop me, Hell would have to freeze over.



News Flash: I didn't need to be worried about hell. Everything was freezing over.

No comments:

Post a Comment